BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Crap!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 29 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lassie in McD's probably saw the nick of your hands and thought best to call the cops mate. Laughing

msgander
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:57 - 29 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He's now got a 6 month old CBR600 and Golf that is gonna be sitting in the garage for a while.

Good....apologies......but your mate is a "C**T" for doing it and you are even more of a "C**T for getting in the motor!!!

I despise........d & d......

Soz... Middle Finger

Vin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Old Geeza wrote:

Drink-Drivers, Drug Drivers ? They deserve everything they get - and more Evil or Very Mad

And speeding drivers?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ajacobs
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:22 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin wrote:

And speeding drivers?

Everyone speeds
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:31 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Old Geeza wrote:

Drink-Drivers, Drug Drivers ? They deserve everything they get - and more Evil or Very Mad

What about tired drivers?
Depending on the relevent tiredness / drunkeness it's been shown that this can make you an even more dangerous driver.

Definitely not saying driving drunk is a goo thing, just offering a thought.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
What about tired drivers?
Depending on the relevent tiredness / drunkeness it's been shown that this can make you an even more dangerous driver.

Yeah, but it's not quantifiable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:37 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:

It is just as quantifiable as impairement from drinking.

But the law measures alcohol level which is easily measures but not that much use.

But at double the drink drive limit your driving ability will be seriously impaired.

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:38 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:

Nope, but a lot of people go on about how bad such and such is, when what they have probably done may be just as bad, abeit not easily punishable.

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 00:54 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:

The police man told him they had a radio in from mc donalds and they were waiting for us.

See this is the one thing that REALLY pisses me off about the Police.

You can phone the Police and tell them that your garage has been broken into, Or your sister has just been mugged. and you will get a Copper at your door within the "day".

But they get a Report from another Company (in this case Mcdonalds) about a drunk kid they can do. And theres a car there within 10 Fucking minutes.

Not really one to moan about the Police because my dad is A copper and Im currently looking into Re-applying to Join (got refused last time because I was too young and didnt have enough work experience)...

Any, I had a mate get stoped fro Drink driving... TWICE in 2 nights. Laughing

Poor Cunt he was. He got Pulled over at about 1am in a garage for drink driving. Got a warning, spent the night in the Cell etc.
Then got off with it.

Then the next night, he was drink driving again. Got pulled at about the same time, In a similar place. by the SAME copper! Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:55 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

But can stupidity or arrogance be measured?

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:59 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a short essential trip while tired would be that much of a difference, it's only when you start doing long distance driving it becomes a serious problem.

Although it's still your choice to drive tired it's not your choice to be tired you cannot help being knackered but you do choose to drink/do drugs before driving.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:07 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

plugger147 wrote:
I don't think a short essential trip while tired would be that much of a difference, it's only when you start doing long distance driving it becomes a serious problem.

So surely a short trip slightly drunk if it was essential would also ok?

Quote:
Although it's still your choice to drive tired it's not your choice to be tired you cannot help being knackered but you do choose to drink/do drugs before driving.

You can help being knackered. You can go to sleep, or you can plan your vehicular activities to not happen while tired, as you can plan for them to not happen after taking intoxicants.

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:17 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So surely a short trip slightly drunk if it was essential would also ok?

nope it wouldn't,the sort of trip I ment would be driving home after a night shift or getting to an early shift etc.(not that I'm unfortunate enough to do either. Very Happy )

Quote:
You can help being knackered. You can go to sleep, or you can plan your vehicular activities to not happen while tired

That very much depends on the level of tiredness and there are a lot of unavoidable reason's why you could be tired.

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:52 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No law stops anyone from riding in nothing but a thong and a helmet in the -5 C temperatures of a winter night, and that's far more dangerous than anything anyone has said so far. Laughing

The law can be an ass, but mostly there to try and protect the public from itself. Applying common sense normally sees you fine: feel dog-tired? Had a few too many? Don't go flinging your 1.5 ton lump of steel at 60 mph around the countryside then.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:53 - 30 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

plugger147 wrote:

nope it wouldn't,the sort of trip I ment would be driving home after a night shift or getting to an early shift etc.(not that I'm unfortunate enough to do either. Very Happy )

That's hardly 'essential'; not like anyone's going to die, or anything - if your sleeping patterns aren't appropriate, maybe you should find a better way to get home or sort them out.

Quote:
That very much depends on the level of tiredness and there are a lot of unavoidable reason's why you could be tired.

And of course drunkeness will depend on the level of such - and a lot of people might find themself in situations they consider that are unavoidable that they have to drive a car after they've drunk a variable amount of alcohol.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 20:56 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:
Oh yeh akso there is this dude that works in yates an he looks exactly liek bonny ricardo. I asked himf or a photo but he said no. Laughing

I will get one on the sly next time but it was ljokes.

Neutral

[Cat in the hat scottish chef voice]

Oh im soooo excited!!!!!!!!

[/cat in the hat scottish chef voice]

Besides i look different in every pic... or is he just a big festively plump dude with a vfr/cbr stuck to him... ?

Thinking
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
But they get a Report from another Company (in this case Mcdonalds) about a drunk kid they can do. And theres a car there within 10 Fucking minutes.

This is because drink driving has successfully been stigmatised so that a large proportion of the public see it as a horrible evil crime that needs to be stopped at any cost. It's easy to catch people (drive around at 11.30pm pulling and breathalising as many people as possible), and it looks good on the crime statistics. It is what the public wants, after all.

Kickstart wrote:
So for you to get from 11 pints worth (22 units) down 2 pints worth (4 units) will take 18 hours. You were almost certainly well over the DD limit this morning, probably the equivalent of 6 pints in your system, putting you are about 3 times the DD limit.

I believe the body will start to break down the alcohol whilst you are still drinking it, so if they started drinking at 6pm that is an extra 4 hours, so he was probably only at twice the limit.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 23:58 - 01 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want to catch drink drivers they are better off doing it as people pull out of pub car parks.

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:33 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
probably only at twice the limit.

So thats ok then Thumbs Up Rolling Eyes

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 02 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

markcatate wrote:
If they want to catch drink drivers they are better off doing it as people pull out of pub car parks.

They have to be careful doing this, as they get accussed of victimising the pub and driving the clientele away (no pun intended!).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 125 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3